Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hotmail account closing. 30 or 120?

I've been looking around for the answer to this question for a while, but I keep getting different pages with different answers. Does a hotmail account become inactive after 30 days of inactivity or 120 days? Most people say 30 days, but when you log into a hotmail account, it says that it's 120 days followed by another period of time when it gets permanently deleted.





I have an account that's not really important, but still gets stuff from time to time, so I still check it. I just want to know for sure how long I can go without checking it before letters get deleted and blocked.
Hotmail account closing. 30 or 120?
I found this in the help section of hotmail:





"Free Windows Live Hotmail accounts become inactive if you don't sign in for 120 days, or within the first 10 days after signing up for an account. After an account becomes inactive, all messages, folders, and contacts are deleted, but the account name is still reserved. If the account stays inactive for an additional 90 days, the account name may be permanently deleted. If you don't use your Windows Live ID for 365 days, your Windows Live ID may be permanently deleted."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive