Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I am not able to import the contacts list from my hotmail account to my outlook express.. help pls?

I don't have a hotmail account so I don't know the export options that it gives you, but to import into outlook express you will need to export from hotmail to a comma delimited format. If you open OLE (outlook express), goto the file pulldown menu%26gt;Import%26gt;Import other addressbook. It will display a dialog with a list of supported formats. the last one is comma delimited and will be the most likely one that you will be able to use. Select that and it will then prompt you to show it where the comma delimited file is that you export from Hotmail... assuming of course that you can export in comma delimitation from hotmail. Point it to that file and it should import your contacts. It may prompt you to confirm that the fields are aligned. Meaning that a email address in hotmail is the same field in OLE, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive